2021 what a year!
Despite all of the craziness of 2021, I have somehow managed to have an incredible year. My international work has grown wider even though I have only made one trip to North Macedonia for Helvetas in October. To give some sense of my work over the last 12 months, I have…
- supported pan European campaigns on early childhood development and the child guarantee for Eurochild.
- provided country level advocacy support across the African continent for Concern.
- provided advice and support to the development of advocacy campaigns in politically challenging contexts for Alliance 2015 in Ethiopia and for Roma communities across Bulgaria via the Trust for Social Achievement.
- reached new audiences to teach about campaigning such as people about to leave the military looking for new careers via NCVO and social workers via Frontline.
- provided strategic guidance to Shpresa Programme, New Europeans UK, the Institute of Physics and the Royal Foundation
- helped to build capacity for advocacy campaigns for Open Society Foundations in Armenia, Georgia, Serbia, Tajikistan and Ukraine
- advised on the possibility of a new campaigning coalition against destitution for NACCOM
- supported the strategic development of global influencing work for World Habitat
- and I continue to be proud to be the project director of Detention Forum.
Massive thanks to all the amazing people I have worked with over the past year. And now onto 2022!!