2023 – review of my year
After a very busy year in 2022, last year, whilst still full, wasn’t quite as manic as the previous year thankfully, and I worked on a number of diverse and interesting assignments such as:
- Continuing to support Detention Forum, and it was exciting to see this growing network of organisations develop a new campaign promoting an alternative vision of a supportive environment as a compassionate and practical alternative to immigration detention.
- Providing advocacy support to the London Refugee Community Organisation (RCO) Forum
- Running two leadership courses for migrant community leaders with Shpresa Programme
- Providing advocacy support once again to the Open Society Georgia Foundation
- Supporting the pan European campaign on Early Childhood Development for Eurochild.
- Providing advice and support to the development of advocacy campaigns by Roma communities across Bulgaria via the Trust for Social Achievement
- Reviewing funding applications for campaigning internationally for the Oak Foundation
- Running workshops for the advocacy team and the Voices network at the British Red Cross
- Supporting Sabir Zazai in his independent review of the Racial Equality Strategy in Northern Ireland
- Running training for the Sanctuary in Politics courses at City of Sanctuary UK
- Supporting Action Homeless in Leicester in the review of their strategy
Massive thanks to all the amazing people I have worked with over the past year. And now onto 2024!!